About this book
Drugs, Driving and Traffic Safety gives a comprehensive overview of the effects of different medical conditions like neurological disorders, anxiety and depression and their pharmaceutical treatment on driving ability. In addition, the effects of alcohol and drugs of abuse are discussed.
Leading experts present the different methodologies to examine effects of drugs on driving, and summarize the recent scientific evidence including epidemiological studies, roadside surveys, laboratory tests, driving simulators, and the standardized driving test. The volume includes guidelines of the International Council on Alcohol, Drugs and Traffic Safety (ICADTS) and the ICADTS Drugs List 2007.
Drugs, Driving and Traffic Safety is written for physicians, psychiatrists and pharmacists who want to inform their patients who use psychoactive drugs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-9923-8
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Basel 2009
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-9922-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-9923-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site