Table of contents
About this book
This book details multiple ways that soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors( SNAREs) and their function are examined in the laboratory. The methods described in each chapter are described in detail so that novice as well as experienced researchers can explore the mechanisms of SNARE-mediated membrane fusion. Chapters guide readers through an overview of the basic properties of SNAREs, distribution and interaction with regulators of membrane fusion, activation of SNAREs in the priming stage by NSF/Sec18 and a-SNAP/Sec17, examining the structures and interactions of SNAREs, measuring the interactions of SNAREs, interactions of SNAREs, and post-translational modifications of SNAREs and how they affect function.Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, SNAREs: Methods and Protocols aims to be a valuable tool for all investigators interested in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8760-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8759-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8760-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site