Table of contents
About this book
The diagnosis and management of congenital heart defects has rapidly evolved over the last few decades.
In this third volume of the series entitled "Congenital Heart Defects: Decision Making for Surgery" Antonio Corno provides an up-to-date and comprehensive presentation of the new role that cardiac CT and MRI will play in the management of congenital heart defects. He has been ably assisted by a cardiologist, Pierluigi Festa.
The book provides a dazzling array of images derived by both techniques and covers the full range of congenital heart malformations. Both the pre-operative and post-operative usefulness of these techniques is presented: in the pre-operative period with regard to the details useful for choosing among all available surgical options; in the post-operative period for monitoring the follow-up and potential complications.
There is no doubt that these techniques will be particularly helpful for older children and adults with congenital heart disease in assessing the late impact of a congenital heart malformation and the surgical repair or palliation which may have been undertaken years previously.
The time is definitely right for a comprehensive presentation of these new diagnostic modalities and the way in which they will influence the field of congenital heart management.
* First and only volume on the market presenting all the pre- and post-operative aspects and images of congenital heart defects as seen by cardiac CT and MRI
* Numerous illustrations provide clear and educationally useful images for each specific anatomic detail
* Helps to decide on the best surgical option
* Describes potential complications
* Provides advice with regard to monitoring in the post-operative period