Table of contents
About this book
This volume covers protocols related to both pluripotent and somatic stem cells, including the ethical procurement of tissues and cells for the provision of “seed stock,” standardized methods for deriving hESCs and iPSCs, isolating mesenchymal stem cells, cell culture and cryopreservation, in addition to quality assurance and information management. Stem Cell Banking: Concepts and Protocols aims to contribute to the development of this field by providing information that is essential to establishing a bona fide stem cell bank. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Stem Cell Banking: Concepts and Protocols is a valuable resource for stem cell scientists and novices to the field, and will help strengthen and maximize their use of existing and future stem cell resources.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6921-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6919-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6921-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book