Table of contents
Review of Dynamical Brain Theories and Experiments
Supplementary Materials on Brain Structure and Dynamics
Commentaries on Neuroscience Experiments at Cell and Population Levels
Commentaries on Differential Equation in Cortical Models
Commentaries on New Theories of Cortical Dynamics and Cognition
About this book
This intriguing book was born out of the many discussions the authors had in the past 10 years about the role of scale-free structure and dynamics in producing intelligent behavior in brains.
The microscopic dynamics of neural networks is well described by the prevailing paradigm based in a narrow interpretation of the neuron doctrine. This book broadens the doctrine by incorporating the dynamics of neural fields, as first revealed by modeling with differential equations (K-sets). The book broadens that approach by application of random graph theory (neuropercolation). The book concludes with diverse commentaries that exemplify the wide range of mathematical/conceptual approaches to neural fields.
This book is intended for researchers, postdocs, and graduate students, who see the limitations of network theory and seek a beachhead from which to embark on mesoscopic and macroscopic neurodynamics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24406-8
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-24404-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-24406-8
- Series Print ISSN 2198-4182
- Series Online ISSN 2198-4190
- Buy this book on publisher's site