About this book
MODELING PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT: Applications and Implementation Issues in DEA presents unified results from authors’ recent DEA research. These new DEA methodology and techniques are developed in application-driven scenarios that go beyond the identification of the best-practice frontier and seek solutions to aid managerial decisions. These new DEA developments are well-grounded in real world applications. Both DEA researchers and practitioners will find this book helpful. Theory is provided for DEA researchers for further development and possible extensions. However, it should also be mentioned that each theory is presented in practical terms with numerical examples, simple real management cases and verbal descriptions. It is felt that these concrete examples will be of value to researchers, students, and practitioners.
This book also provides an easy-to-use DEA software — DEAFrontier (www.deafrontier.com). This DEA software is an Add-In for Microsoft Excel and provides a custom menu of DEA approaches The DEAFrontier does not set limit on the number of units, inputs or outputs. With the capacity of Excel Solver, the software can deal with large sized performance evaluation tasks
MODELING PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT: Applications and Implementation Issues in DEA…
- addresses advanced/new DEA methodology and techniques that are developed for modeling unique and new performance evaluation issues,
- presents new DEA methodology and techniques via discussions on how to solve managerial problems, such as business process reengineering, benchmarking and continuous improvement. It can be used as a text/case book for graduate courses on operations management and covers many DEA applications such as highway maintenance, technology implementation, a variety of R&D and allocation cost scenarios, use of DEA in a MCDM context, etc.
- provides an easy-to-use DEA software — DEAFrontier (www.deafrontier.com) which is an excellent tools for both DEA researchers and practitioners. This DEA software is an Add-In for Microsoft Excel and provides a custom menu of DEA approaches.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/b104529
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-24137-1
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-24138-8
- About this book