About this book
RNA interference has become a key method in the suppression of gene expression and the development of therapeutic agents, yet there is still the problem of delivery, stability, and the danger of off-target effects such as the silencing of unwanted genes and activation of innate immunity. In siRNA and miRNA Gene Silencing: From Bench to Bedside, expert researchers explore the most recent advances in siRNA design, expression, delivery, in vivo imaging, and methods to minimize siRNA's unwanted effects and promote successful use in patients. As part of the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series, the chapters focus on their respective subjects with easy-to-use, up-to-date information, including several step-by-step laboratory protocols on topics such as new delivery formulations and strategies with promising applications in vitro and in vivo, validated therapeutic target genes, and components of miRNA function, biogenesis, and interference with virus infection.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, siRNA and miRNA Gene Silencing: From Bench to Bedside offers an excellent collection of chapters to aid all those with an interest in RNAi, gene regulation, and new therapies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-547-7
- Copyright Information Humana Press, a part of Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-60327-546-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-547-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site