Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a comprehensive survey of recent progress in the design and implementation of Networks-on-Chip. It addresses a wide spectrum of on-chip communication problems, ranging from physical, network, to application layers. Specific topics that are explored in detail include packet routing, resource arbitration, error control/correction, application mapping, and communication scheduling. Additionally, a novel bi-directional communication channel NoC (BiNoC) architecture is described, with detailed explanation.
- Written for practicing engineers in need of practical knowledge about the design and implementation of networks-on-chip;
- Includes tutorial-like details to introduce readers to a diverse range of NoC designs, as well as in-depth analysis for designers with NoC experience to explore advanced issues;
- Describes a variety of on-chip communication architectures, including a novel bi-directional communication channel NoC.
From the Foreword:
Overall this book shows important advances over the state of the art that will affect future system design as well as R&D in tools and methods for NoC design. It represents an important reference point for both designers and electronic design automation researchers and developers.
--Giovanni De Micheli
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-9341-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-9340-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-9341-0
- About this book