About these proceedings
The growing demand of speed, accuracy, and reliability in scientific and engineering computing has been accelerating the merging of symbolic and numeric computations, two types of computation coexisting in mathematics yet separated in traditional research of mathematical computation. This book with 23 chapters presents original research and tutorial survey on the integration and interaction of symbolic and numeric computations. It represents the current state of the art and will serve as a valuable reference on the development of algorithms and software packages for hybrid symbolic-numeric computation.
The book highlights the interaction between symbolic and numeric computations. It contains tutorial surveys by distinguished experts, covers recent advances on key topics, and provides effective methods illustrated with applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-7643-7984-1
- Copyright Information Birkhäuser Verlag AG 2007
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-7643-7983-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-7643-7984-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site