About this book
The subject of this book is the analysis and design of digital devices that implement computer arithmetic. The book's presentation of high-level detail, descriptions, formalisms and design principles means that it can support many research activities in this field, with an emphasis on bridging the gap between algorithm optimization and hardware implementation. The author provides a unified view linking the domains of digital design and arithmetic algorithms, based on original formalisms and hardware description languages.
A feature of the book is the large number of examples and the implementation details provided. While the author does not avoid high-level details, providing for example gate-level designs for all matrix/combinational arithmetic structures.
The book is suitable for researchers and students engaged with hardware design in computer science and engineering.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-18315-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-642-18314-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-642-18315-7
- About this book