Table of contents
About this book
This volume investigates what is beyond the Principle of Non-Contradiction. It features 13 papers on the foundations of reasoning, including logical systems and philosophical considerations. Coverage brings together a cluster of issues centered upon the variety of meanings of consistency, contradiction, and related notions.
Most of the papers, but not all, are developed around the subtle distinctions between consistency and non-contradiction, as well as among contradiction, inconsistency, and triviality, and concern one of the above mentioned threads of the broadly understood non-contradiction principle and the related principle of explosion. Some others take a perspective that is not too far away from such themes, but with the freedom to tread new paths.
Readers should understand the title of this book in a broad way,because it is not so obvious to deal with notions like contradictions, consistency, inconsistency, and triviality. The papers collected here present groundbreaking ideas related to consistency and inconsistency.
Principle of Explosion Paraconsistent Logics Logics of Formal Inconsistency Consistency Inconsistency Logic for Computer Science Logic and Philosophy of Science Negation Contradictions
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98797-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2018
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-98796-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-98797-2
- Series Print ISSN 1572-6126
- Series Online ISSN 2212-7313
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors