About this book
This book provides an overview of state of the art research in the mechanics of masonry structures. It continues the series Between Mechanics and Architecture, initially launched in 1995 from the collaboration of several renowned scholars, including Edoardo Benvenuto and Patricia Radelet-de Grave.
The contributions in this volume represent the main approaches to the complex topic of masonry structures. In addition to historical studies, the mechanical behavior of masonry arches and structures is studied using different approaches (structural analysis, limit analysis, elastic analysis, plasticity, mathematical approaches, etc.), at times difficult to reconcile, at others intertwined and complementary.
Readers will have the opportunity to compare different theoretical lines of inquiry and thus explore new horizons of research.
Patricia Radelet-de Grave
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13003-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Birkhäuser, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13002-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13003-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences