Table of contents
About this book
This volume presents a comprehensive collection of quick assays for the detection of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA damage and its effects in live and fixed cells and tissues, and in bacterial genomes. Although, such rapid techniques are in demand in the “research trenches” they are not covered well in the literature. This volume is the first such compendium of the time-saving techniques for detection of DNA damage and its direct physiological outcomes including apoptosis, necrosis and phagocytic clearance. The volume demonstrates all levels of detection, starting from the molecular level up to the level of the entire live organism. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Fast Detection of DNA Damage: Methods and Protocols aims to provide easily reproducible techniques requiring only few steps to perform.
FRET reporting DNA breaks mitochondrial DNA damage bacterial genomes invertebrate species genotoxin-induced DNA damage γ-H2AX foci
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7187-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7185-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7187-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site