About this book
This volume covers visual regenerative biology from current knowledge through future directions and implications. Fifteen chapters discuss the topic thoroughly, from fundamental aspects of developmental biology of the eye through the potential of stem cells and bionic eyes to improve and restore vision. The book also explores the impact of stem cell treatments and regenerative medicine in society.
The economic and public health burdens of blindness are immense, in addition to the psychological and social implications for patients. While current treatments for blindness are limited, regenerative medicine offers exciting prospects for vision improvement or restoration, instilling hope in patients suffering from vision loss. Authoritative and timely, this book is a key resource for scientists working in this expanding and dynamic field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0787-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0786-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0787-8
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- Buy this book on publisher's site