About this book
Photoswitching Proteins: Methods and Protocols, focuses on proven applications of photoswitching proteins in cell and neurobiology. Optical approaches have been mostly embraced by the neurosciences to allow fast, high-resolution characterization and manipulation of single cells in complex neuronal tissue. These tools, including photoswitching of proteins, are now successfully used in almost all fields of biological research. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, Photoswitching Proteins: Methods and Protocols highlights many of the possibilities for research based on light-inducible, high-resolution manipulation of biological systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-0470-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-0469-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-0470-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book