About this book
Dynamic Structure of NREM Sleep is a concise guide to Cyclic Alternating Pattern (CAP) phenomenology and slow wave homeostasis. It presents an original approach to a specialized aspect of sleep neuroscience in a concise and easy-to-read format.
The authors are specialists in the field of sleep neuroscience and lend a new perspective to the benefits of slow wave activity during sleep. The main feature of this discussion is that slow wave activity increases as a function of previous wakefulness and it gradually decreases in the course of sleep. Alongside developing this idea, this book covers the entire range of sleep issues from basic structure to function in comprehensive detail.
Dynamic Structure of NREM Sleep is valuable reading for neurologists, sleep neuroscientists and those with an interest in the field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4333-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4332-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4333-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site