Table of contents
About this book
This updated edition of Information Assurance: Security in the Information Environment was written to help IT managers and assets protection professionals to assure the protection and availability of vital digital information and related information systems assets.
This Second Edition of Information Assurance includes major updates, including three new chapters:
• The Role of Policy in Information Assurance
• Incident Management and Response
• Security Standards
Bridging the gap between information security, information systems security and information warfare, this edition re-examines and explains why organisations need to take information assurance seriously, and discusses the business, legal, and technical knowledge needed to secure these vital government and business assets.
Key topics include:
- The role of the corporate security officer;
- Corporate cybercrime;
- Electronic commerce and the global marketplace;
- International standards, policies and security acts.
A refreshingly clear and wide-ranging view of Information Assurance...this book not only explains what the problems are, it also gives you clear information on how to address the issues that have been raised.
Dr. Andy Jones, PhD MBE BSc MBCS; Research Group Leader, Security Research Centre, BT Group Chief Technology Office (UK)
Clear, concise and well-written, with an interesting presentation of global perspectives and drivers that span IT security in its entirety. This book is a must-read for the security practitioner and anyone interested in understanding and protecting public or private sector environments...
Donald L. Evans, United Space Alliance, Houston, Texas, US
If you could choose only one primer, this is the THE book.
Perry Luzwick, Director, Information Assurance Architectures, Logicon, US
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/1-84628-489-9
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-84628-266-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-84628-489-2
- About this book