Development of the Evacuation Systems for JEMs
The evacuation systems and their pumping devices for JEMs were improved year by year, in order to achieve very clean vacuum. We examined the DP cascade system thoroughly in respect of DP oil-vapor backstreaming, and refined the DP-stack and the system year by year according to experimental results. And finally, we established the refined cascade DP system for JEMs.
KeywordsSafety System Clean Vacuum Evacuation System Bypass Valve Specimen Chamber
- 5.Mikami O, Oikawa H, Yoshimura N, JEOL Co Ltd (1969) Patent no 1969–31,075, 22 Dec 1969Google Scholar
- 6.Yoshimura N, Ohmori S, Nagahama Y, Oikawa H (1974) A new vacuum system for an electron microscope. In: Proceedings of the 6th international vacuum congress. J J Appl Phys Suppl 2 Pt 1: 249–252Google Scholar
- 11.Yoshimura N, Kobayashi N, JEOL Co Ltd (1984) Patent no 1984–17,083, 18 May 1984Google Scholar
- 16.Wall JS (1980) Contamination in the SEM at Ultrahigh Vacuum Scan. Electron Microsc 1:99–106.Google Scholar
- 20.Kendall BRF (1983) Comments on: resistor-network simulation method for a vacuum system in a molecular flow region. J Vac Sci Technol A 1(84); J Vac Sci Technol A 1(4): 1881–1882Google Scholar