Attentive Workbench: An Intelligent Production Cell Supporting Human Workers
We propose “Attentive Workbench (AWB),” a new cell production system in which an intelligent system supports human workers. Using cameras, projectors, self-moving trays driven by planar motors and so on, the system recognizes the worker’s condition and intention and supports the workers from both physical and informational aspects. In this paper, AWB is outlined. The control system for multiple self-moving parts trays in AWB is proposed. The results of simulation are shown demonstrating the present control system.
KeywordsAugmented Reality Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia Hand Gesture Planar Motor Home Position
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shinichi Seki, “One by One Production in the ‘Digital Yatai’ — Practical Use of 3D-CAD Data in the Fabrication —,” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 106, No. 1013, pp.32–36, 2003 (in Japanese). Google Scholar
- 2.Gary Vasilash, “Cell for Assembly,” Automotive Manufacturing & Production, June 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Yasuto Nakanishi, Yoichi Sato, Hideki Koike, “Enhanced Desk and Enhanced-Wall: Augmented Desk and Wall Interfaces with Real-Time Tracking of User’s Motion,” Procedings of Ubicomp2002 Workshop on Collaborations with Interactive Walls and Tables, pp.27–30, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.B.A. Sawyer, “Magnetic Positioning Device,” US patent 3,457,482, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.X. Chen, K. Takamasu, M. Nikaidou, “Evaluation of Thrust Force and Positioning Accuracy of a New Linear Motor,” Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Measurement Technology and Intelligent Instruments, 2003.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Kotani, I. Hidaka, Y. Yamamoto, S. Ozono, “Analysis of Respiratory Sinus Arrhythmia with Respet to Respiratory Phase,” Method of Information in Medicine, Vol.39, pp.153–156, 2000.Google Scholar
- 8.Yasuhisa Hayakawa, Ikuo Kitagishi, Shigeki Sugiano, “Human Intention Based Physical Support Robot in Assembling Work,” Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligen Rotobs and Systems, pp.930–935, 1998.Google Scholar