Modeling of Localized Lifetime Tailoring in Silicon Devices
A new accurate method for simulation of the device that is subjected to low-dose high-energy ion irradiation (hydrogen, helium) is compared with the ordinary simulation technique which utilizes a structured lifetime profile as an input into SRH recombination model. The novel method, involving ion-implantation process simulator, expert system, and multilevel recombination model is described. Spatial distribution of the minority carrier lifetime of irradiated device is drawn for different injection levels. Simulated trade-off between forward voltage drop and reverse recovery time is presented for both the hydrogen and helium irradiation.
KeywordsMinority Carrier Lifetime Silicon Device Recombination Model Power Diode Exact Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Hátle, J. Vobecký, Proceedings of the MADEP’91, Florence, pp. 402–406, 1991Google Scholar
- A. Hallén, PhD. Thesis, Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, Uppsala, Sweden, 1990Google Scholar
- P. Hazdra, V. Hašdar, M. Bartoš, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research B55, pp. 637–641, 1991Google Scholar
- J. F. Ziegler, J. P. Biersack and U. Littmark, The Stopping and Range of Ions in Matter, Pergamon Press, New York, 1985Google Scholar
- P. Hazdra, J. Vobecký, Solid-State Electronics, submittedGoogle Scholar