A Practical Approach to Modeling Strained Silicon NMOS Devices
Parameters for a generalized mobility model are extracted from hardware measurements of strained silicon NMOS devices. Only the phone limited mobility parameter was shown to vary with amount of strain in the silicon.Using results of the mobility model fitting, simulations of strained and unstrained silicon devices were performed. These simulations indicated that strained silicon devices should have improved short channel control as well as yield a minimum of 50% improvement in on current.
KeywordsMobility Model Limited Mobility Gate Length Short Channel SiGe Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Vogelsang, T. and Hofmann, K.R., Proc. of Dev. Res. Conf., pp. 34–35, 1992.Google Scholar
- Rim, K., et al., IEEE Trans. Elect. Dev. 47, 7: pp. 1406–1415, 2000.Google Scholar
- Buturla, E.M.et alIBM J. Res. Develop., 25: pp. 218 f.., 1981.Google Scholar
- Mujtaba, S.,Ph.D. dissertation, Stanford Univ., 1995.Google Scholar
- Laudon, M., et al., App. Phys. Lett. 78, 2: pp. 201–203, 2001.Google Scholar
- Rim, K.et alVLSI Symp. Tech. Dig., 2001.Google Scholar