A Comparative Study Of Two Numerical Techniques For Inductance Calculation In Interconnect Structures
We present an advanced algorithm for an extraction tool that computes inductances of interconnect structures. As already pointed out in  the pursued energy concept leads to a 6-fold integral which can also be evaluated by use of the Monte Carlo method. Classical implementation of the Monte Carlo method, where the whole geometry has to be hunted for the associated element loses efficiency. Our approach is applied without time consuming element location for the random point coordinates to compute this integral.
KeywordsMonte Carlo Method Interconnect Structure Inductance Calculation Planar Transformer Quadratic Shape Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. Harlander, R. Sabelka, and S. Selberherr, “Inductance Calculation in Interconnect Structures,” in Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. on Modeling and Simulation of Microsystems, (San Diego, California, USA), pp. 416–419, Mar. 2000.Google Scholar
- F. W. Grover, Inductance Calculations: Working Formulas and Tables. D. Van Nostrand Company, New York, 1946.Google Scholar
- A. H. Stroud, Approximate Calculation of Multiple Integrals. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1971.Google Scholar
- W. Pyka, R. Martins, and S. Selberherr, “Optimized Algorithms for Three-Dimensional Cellular Topography Simulation,” IEEE J. Technology Computer Aided Design, 2000. http://www.ieee.org/products/online/journal/tcad/accepted/PykaMarch00/ . Google Scholar
- R. Martins, W. Pyka, R. Sabelka, and S. Selberherr, “Modeling Integrated Circuit Interconnections,” in Proc. Intl. Conf. on Microelectronics and Packaging, (Curitiba, Brazil), pp. 144–151, Aug. 1998.Google Scholar
- R. Martins and S. Selberherr, “Layout Data in TCAD Frameworks,” in Modelling and Simulation, pp. 1122–1126, Society for Computer Simulation International, 1996.Google Scholar
- P. Fleischmann, W. Pyka, and S. Selberherr, “Mesh Generation for Application in Technology CAD,” IEICE Trans.Electron., vol. E82-C, no. 6, pp. 937–947, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. Bauer and S. Selberherr, “Preconditioned CG-Solvers and Finite Element Grids,” in Proc. CCIM, vol. 2, (Breckenridge, USA), Apr. 1994.Google Scholar
- W. Schroeder, K. Martin, and B. Lorensen, The Visualization Toolkit: An Object-Oriented Approach to 3D Graphics. Prentice-Hall, 1996.Google Scholar
- G. Leonhardt and W. Fichtner, “Acceleration of Inductance Extraction by Means of the Monte Carlo Method,” Tech. Rep. 99/8, Integrated Systems Laboratory, ETH Zürich, 1999.Google Scholar