2d Hierarchical Radio-Frequency Noise Modeling Based on a Langevin-Type Drift-Diffusion Model and Full-Band Monte-Carlo Generated Local Noise Sources
An accurate and efficient 2D drift-diffusion model for thermal noise simulation based on full—band Monte—Carlo (MC) generated local noise sources is presented. Good agreement of the new model and MC device simulations is found for NMOSFETs, whereas previously developed DD based noise models fail. Verification with experiment is shown for a SiGe HBT.
KeywordsIEDM Tech Excess Noise Factor Diffusion Noise Local Noise Source Drain Current Noise
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Scholten AJ et al. Accurate Thermal Noise Model for Deep-Submicron CMOS. IEDM Tech. Dig. 1999;155–158Google Scholar
- Donati S et al. Physics-Based RF Noise Modeling of Submicron MOSFETs IEDM Tech. Dig. 1998;81–84Google Scholar
- Jungemann C et al. Efficient Full-Band Monte Carlo Simulation of Silicon Devices. IEICE Trans. Elec. 1999;870–879Google Scholar
- Klaassen FM et al. Thermal Noise of MOS Transistors. Philips Res. Repts 1967;505–514Google Scholar
- Decker S et al.Investigation of High Frequency Noise in a SiGe Heterobipolar Transistor Based on Shockley’s Impedance Field Method and the Hydrodynamic Model. MSM2000 2000;364–367Google Scholar