Design of the Program Regime for Biped Walking Anthropomorphic Apparatus
Extensive literature exists on the dynamics and control of two-legged walking apparatuses, and their mechanical design. Many works contain theoretical studies [1, 2], some experimental works are also known [3–9]. Several prototype biped walkers and algorithms of their control have been designed. Some of them have been tested experimentally. Unlike multi-legged walking apparatuses that can move within the static stability, a biped with uncontrollable feet can maintain dynamic stability only. This makes the control of bipeds difficult. Two apparatuses were designed at the Institute of Mechanics of the Moscow University: one having telescopic legs [8–10] and another of anthropomorphic kinematic scheme [ 10 ].
KeywordsProgram Regime Generalize Angle Double Support Biped Walking Nominal Trajectory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Beletsky V.V. Biped walking. Model problem of dynamics and control. M., “Nauka”, 1984 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.Formal’sky A.M. Locomotion of the anthropomorphic apparatus. M:”Nauka”, 1982 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Kato T., Takanishi A., Naito G., Kato I. The realization of the quasi dynamic walking by the biped walking machine. Proc. of Int. Symp. on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators ROMANSY, 1981.Google Scholar
- 5.Miuro H., Shimoyama I. Dynamic walk of biped. Int.J. of Robotics Research, 1984, V. 3, No 2.Google Scholar
- 6.Yamada M., Furusho J., Sano A. Dynamic control of walking robot with kickaction. Proc. of ICAR, Tokyo, 1985.Google Scholar
- 7.Furusho J., Mashubushi M. Control of dynamical biped locomotion system for study walking. Trans. ASME: J.Dyn.Syst.Meas. and Contr. 1986, V. 108, No 2.Google Scholar
- 8.Grishin A.A., Zhitomirsky S.V., Lensky A.V., Formal’sky A.M. Walking of biped vehicle with two telescopic legs. Izv. AN USSR, Tech. kibern., No 2, 1991 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.Grishin A.A., Formal’sky A.M., Lensky A.V., Zhitomirsky S.V. Control of a biped vehicle with telescopic legs. Proc. of the Second Eur.Contr.Conf., Groningen, 1993, V. 3, p. 1265–1268.Google Scholar
- 10.Devjanin E.A. et al. Control of adaptive walking robot. Preprints 10-th World Congress IFAC. Munich, FRG, V. 4, p. 218–225.Google Scholar