History-Dependent Assembly Planning
An history dependent planner for mechanical assembly is presented. Also non-mating operations are considered. The main feature of the proposed approach is the dynamic generation of the assembly plan. Only the best sequence is found. Selecting criteria are based on mechanical and technological constraints. Three modules are developed to interface the planner with a CAD environment, to determine all possible subassemblies allowing non linear planning and to manage the dynamic expansion of the assembly tree. A planning result is reported.
KeywordsAssembly Sequence Precedence Relation Soft Constraint Hard Constraint Good Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Jan D. Wolter, “On the Automatic Generation of Assembly Plans”; Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April 1989, pp. 62–68.Google Scholar
- Y. F. Huang - C. S. G. Lee “A framework of Knowledge-Based Assembly Planning”, Proc. of the 1991 IEEE Intern. Conf. on RA, pp. 599–604, Sacramento, California - April 1991 (CH 2969–4/91)Google Scholar
- L. S. Homem De Mello–A. C. Sanderson, “And/Or Graph Representation of Assembly Plans”, IEEE Transaction on RA, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 188–198, April 1990Google Scholar
- L. S. Homem de Mello and A. C. Sanderson, “Representation of Mechanical Assembly Sequences”, IEEE Transaction on RA, Vo17, N° 2, April 1991, pp 211–227.Google Scholar
- Jan D. Wolter, “A Combinatorial Analysis of Enumerative Data Structures for Assembly Planning”, Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April 1991, pp. 611–618.Google Scholar
- Sukhan Lee,“Backward Assembly Planning with Assembly Cost Analysis”, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, April 1992, pp. 2382–2391.Google Scholar
- R. Caracciolo, E. Ceresole, “Forward assembly planning based on stability”, Report n. 1/93 of the Dept. of Innovation and Management, Padova Italy, 1993.Google Scholar
- R. Caracciolo, E. Ceresole, T. De Martino, F. Giannini, “From CAD Models to Assembly Planning”, Proc. of the International Workshop on Graphics and Robotics, Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, April 1993.Google Scholar
- Y. F. Huang, C. S. G. Lee, “Precedence Knowledge in Feature Mating Operation Assembly Planning” Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, August 1989, pp. 216–221.Google Scholar
- A. Bourjault, “Contribution à un Approche Methodologique de l’Assembly Automatisé: Elaboration Automatique des Sequences Operatoires”, Thesis to obtain grade of Docteur in Phisical Science at University of Franche-Comte, November 1984.Google Scholar