Experimental Determination of Robot Workspace by Means of CATRASYS (Cassino Tracking System)
CATRASYS (Cassino Tracking System) is a new measuring system that can easily evaluate robot workspace performances. A prototype has been built at the Laboratory of Robotics and Mechatronics in Cassino. The trilateration technique has been used to evaluate position and orientation of robot end-effector. In this paper we present the system and its operation through experimental determination of robot workspace.
KeywordsAutomatic Continu Robot Workspace Danube Region Workspace Boundary Puma Robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ceccarelli, M., Ottaviano, E. and Besa, A. (1998). Experimental Determination of Robot Workspace by Using a Laser System. Proceedings of the 7 m International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-AdriaDanube Region RAAD ‘88, Smolenice. 203–208.Google Scholar
- Ceccarelli, M., Toti, M.E. and Ottaviano, E. (1999). CATRASYS (Cassino Tracking System): A New Measuring System for Workspace Evaluation of Robots. Proceedings of the 8’h International Workshop on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region RAAD’99, Munich. 19–24.Google Scholar
- Ceccarelli, M., Ottaviano, E., Toti, M. and Lanni, C. (1999). Design and Experimental Activity of CaTraSys (Cassino Tracking System). Proceedings of the XIV Italian National Congress AIMETA, Como. CD Proceedings Paper 17. (in Italian).Google Scholar
- Celesco Inc. (1994). User’s Manual for Wire Transducers mod. PT101.Google Scholar
- Eshed Robotec (1982). ACL Reference Guide.Google Scholar
- Gabriele, E. (1994). Numerical and Experimental determination of a robot workspace. Master Thesis, University of Cassino. (in Italian).Google Scholar
- National Instruments (1995). AT-MIO-16F5 Acquisition Card. N.I. Catalog.Google Scholar
- Toti, M.E. (1999). Design and Experimental Validation of a Measuring System for Evaluation of Kinematic Characteristics of Robots. Master Thesis, University of Cassino. (in Italian).Google Scholar
- Unimation (1990). Val II User’s Manual.Google Scholar