Development of the Design of Polycrank Manipulator Without Joint Limits
Some new results concerned with the design of POLYCRANK manipulators without joint limits are presented. Main features of such a solution are links in the form of light hollow cranks connected one to the other by cross-roller bearings. The first pre-prototype of POLYCRANK with six DOF’s has been completed and tested. Three first DOF’s, with parallel vertical axes are driven by electric Direct Drive units mounted coaxial in the base of the manipulator. Three last DOF’s are driven by light motors with gears mounted on the last link of the horizontal chain with using parallelograms. High speed of cyclic gross motion in the convex workspace and good isotropic properties are the main advantages of this manipulator. Proper choosing of such mechanical properties like high natural frequency with good damping of vibrations, high stiffness, relatively low Lost Motion, is the basic requirement and it was the main purpose of investigations. Main disadvantages of the previous version are high cost of DD motors and of big diameter cross-roller bearings. A new one version with much more less cost is consider. One of the basic features of it’s is a new serial-parallel modular arrangement of the arm and untypical spherical wrist.
KeywordsFast Manipulator Joint Limit Gravity Compensation High Natural Frequency Portal Version
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asada H., Youcef-Toumi K.: Direct Drive Robots, Theory and Practice, The MIT Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- Chironis N.P.: Mechanisms, Linkages, and Mechanical Controls, McGraw-Hill Book Company 1965.Google Scholar
- Holmberg R., Dickert S., Khatib O.: A New Actuation System for High-Performance Torque-Controlled Manipulators, Proc. Ro.Man.Sy 9, Springer-Verlag 1993.Google Scholar
- Johansson G., Grahn S.: A New Robot Concept for High Speed Handling, Proc. 27th ISIR, Milano 1996.Google Scholar
- Nazarczuk K.: Design of the Fast Manipulator with Eliminated joint Limits and Reduced Dynamic Interactions, Proc Ro.Man.Sy 10, Springer-Verlag 1995.Google Scholar
- Nazarczuk K., Mianowski K.: Fast Manipulator with Invariant Inertia and Eliminated Joint Limits, Proc. 27’1 ISIR, Milan 1996.Google Scholar
- Mianowski K.: A 3-D Lever Parallel Mechanism of a Robot With 6 Degrees Proc. of 6-th Int. Symp. Measurement and Control in Robotics, Brussels, 1996.Google Scholar
- Mianowski K.: Dextrous Fully Parallel Manipulator With Six Degrees of Freedom, Proc Ro.Man.Sy 12, Springer 1998.Google Scholar
- Nazarczuk K., Mianowski K.: POLYCRANK - Fast Manipulator Without Joint Limits, Proc Ro.Man.Sy 12, Springer 1998.Google Scholar
- Nazarczuk K., Mianowski K., Wojtyra M.: Manipulator of POLYCRANK robot, Pomiary Automatyka Kontrola, No 8, Warsaw 1999 (in polish).Google Scholar
- Walishmiller W., Lee H. Y., Bains N., Majarais B., Scott D. A.: Application of the TELBOT Robot in Hazardous Environment, Proc. 27th ISIR, Milano 1996.Google Scholar
- Zielinski C., Szynkiewicz W.: Control System of POLYCRANK Robot, Pomiary Automatyka Kontrola, No 8, Warsaw 1999 (in polish).Google Scholar