Magneto-Optic and Quantum Transport Studies of MBE InSb and InAs
The MBE growth and doping of the narrow gap materials InSb and InAs are studied. Magneto-optical experiments are extremely informative in the case of high purity films of InAs showing the presence both of a low mobility accumulation layer and a high mobility bulk region and enabling the galvanomagnetic properties to be interpreted in terms of parallel conductance involving the two regions. Silicon can be incorporated fully as a donor up to concentrations of 3×1018cm−3 in the case of InSb and 6×1019 cm−3 with InAs. The control of silicon doping is utilised to prepare high-concentration spike-doped samples and nipi structures showing enhanced subband gap absorption, large optical non-linearities and increased carrier lifetimes. Shubnikov-de Haas measurements are undertaken with the spike-doped samples to determine the subband occupancy and to investigate possible dopant diffusion.
KeywordsArsenic GaAs Haas Peaked
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Droopad, S.D. Parker, E. Skuras, R.L. Williams, R.A. Stradling, R.B. Beall & J.J. Harris Vol. 87 Springer Series in Solid State Sciences pl99 (1989).Google Scholar
- S.D. Parker, R.L. Williams, R. Droopad, R.A. Stradling, K.W.J. Barnham, S.N. Holmes, J. Laverty, C.C. Phillips, E. Skuras, R. Thomas, X. Zhang, A. Staton-Bevan & D.W. Pashley Semicond. Sci. & Tech. 4 663 (1989).Google Scholar
- S.N. Holmes, R.A. Stradling, P.D. Wang, R. Droopad, S.D. Parker & R.L. Williams Semicond. Sci. & Tech. 4 303 (1989).Google Scholar
- C.M. Sotomayor-Torres & R.A. Stradling Semicond. Sci. & Tech. 2 323 (1986).Google Scholar
- H. Reisenger, H. Schaber & R.E. Doezema Phys. Rev. B24 5960 (1981).Google Scholar
- R.L. Williams, E. Skuras, R.A. Stradling, R. Droopad, S.N. Holmes & S.D. Parker Semicond. Sci. & Tech. 5 S338 (1990).Google Scholar
- E.A. Johnson & A. Mackinnon Semicond. Sci & Tech. 6 S189 (1990).Google Scholar