A Nonlocal Model for Image Restoration with Gamma Distributed Multiplicative Noise
The question of eliminating the multiplicative noise has attracted much interest in many research studies. In this work, we are interested with the one that are follows the Gamma distribution. The rationale of this paper is to shed light on a brief comparative study of some local and nonlocal models, for denoising images contaminated with the noise of this type. The improved method of Split Bregman is used to implement those models. The totality of experiments indicates that the proposed nonlocal method gives better results than some other methods.
KeywordsMultiplicative gamma noise Nonlocal TV operator Nonlocal weberized TV Split bregman iteration
- 3.Bioucas-Dias, J.M., Figueiredo, M.A.T.: Total variation restoration of speckled images using a split-Bregman algorithm. In: Image Proceedings of IEEE (ICIP) (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, L.L., Xiao, L., Wei, Z.H.: Multiplicative noise removal via a novel variational model. J. Image Video Process. (2010). Article ID 250768Google Scholar
- 10.Ramamoorthy, S., Siva Subramanian, R., Gandhi, D.: An efficient method for speckle reduction in ultrasound liver images for e-health applications. In: Natarajan, R. (ed.) ICDCIT 2014. LNCS, vol. 8337, pp. 311–321. Springer, Cham (2014). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-04483-5_32CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Sveinsson, J.R., Benediktsson, J.A.: Speckle reduction and enhancement of SAR images in the wavelet domain. In: Proceedings of the International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium, vol. 1, pp. 63–66 (1996)Google Scholar
- 16.Weber, E.H.: De pulsu, resorptione, auditu et tactu, in Annotationes anatomicae et physio-logicae. Koehler, Leipzig (1834)Google Scholar