- 574 Downloads
The trends of technological market have been changing, giving special relevance to the interaction between consumer and product. Displays are probably the best demonstration of this trend, being deeply integrated in our daily life in televisions (TVs), smartphones, computers, etc. In 2014, iHS Inc. identified seven key technologies for the upcoming generations of TVs, where it is possible to highlight exciting concepts such as curved TVs, quantum dots, and transparent displays . In fact, iHS forecasts a growth of transparent displays to US $87 billion in 2025, representing more than half of the global display market by then [2, 3]. In line with this research trend, some prototypes of fully transparent displays have already been shown by leading display companies such as Samsung, AUO, and LG, triggering the concepts of cars and buildings with smart windows or even wearable electronics using flexible substrates. More recently, Samsung announced the first mirror and transparent organic light-emitting diode (OLED) display panels mainly targeted at personalized shopping and informational browsing .
KeywordsSmart Window Decimation Filter Wearable Electronic Oxide TFTs Operating Voltage Range
- 1.J. Hong, Displays growth opportunities in TVs report 2014 abstract seven key emerging TV technologies. iHS, Technical report, 2014Google Scholar
- 2.DisplayBank, Displaybank special report transparent display technology & market prospect. iHS, Technical report, 2012Google Scholar
- 3.S.U. News, Samsung expanding transparent display market with a new 46-inch LCD panel [Online]. Available http://www.samsung.com/us/news/20095 (visited on 18 June 2015)
- 4.Samsung display introduces first mirror and transparent OLED display panels [Online]. Available http://www.displaydaily.com/press-release/25045-samsung-display-introduces-first-mirror-and-transparent-oled-display-panels (visited on 19 June 2015)
- 6.Lg display introduces next generation display technology at sid 2013 [Online]. Available http://www.lgdisplay.com/eng/prcenter/newsView?articleMgtNo=4916 (visited on 18 July 2015)