Towards Data Confidentiality and Portability in Cloud Storage
As of now, cloud computing has become a hot topic in the global technology industry. Users become able to store their data in cloud storage and have ubiquitous access at any time. In spite of the enormous advantages of cloud storage, one of the greatest challenges is ensuring the security. In this paper, we address the problem of data confidentiality in cloud storage. Further, we consider the portability and secured file sharing issues in cloud storage. Our proposed solution consists of four different modules: Encryption/Decryption provider (EDP) that performs the cryptographic operations, Third party auditor (TPA) that traces and audits the EDP, Keys storage provider (KSP) which performs key management and Data storage provider (DSP) which stores user files in an encrypted form. We design a prototype to facilitate the process of secured data storage on DSP and KSP. The proposed mechanism ensures the data confidentiality, supports portability, and also provides secured sharing of files among users.
KeywordsCloud Computing Storage Confidentiality Portability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chen, D., Zhao, H.: Data Security and Privacy Protection Issues in Cloud Computing. In: 2012 International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering (ICCSEE), vol. 1, pp. 647–651 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Puttaswamy, K.P.N., Kruegel, C., Zhao, B.Y.: Silverline: Toward Data Confidentiality in Storage-intensive Cloud Applications. In: Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing, New York, NY, USA, pp. 10:1–10:13 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Diallo, M.H., Hore, B., Chang, E.-C., Mehrotra, S., Venkatasubramanian, N.: CloudProtect: Managing Data Privacy in Cloud Applications. In: 2012 IEEE 5th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD), pp. 303–310 (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Saleh, E., Meinel, C.: HPISecure: Towards Data Confidentiality in Cloud Applications. In: 13th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), pp. 605–609 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Huang, K.-Y., Luo, G.-H., Yuan, S.-M.: SSTreasury+: A Secure and Elastic Cloud Data Encryption System. In: 2012 Sixth International Conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computing (ICGEC), pp. 518–521 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Hwang, J.-J., Chuang, H.-K., Hsu, Y.-C., Wu, C.-H.: A Business Model for Cloud Computing Based on a Separate Encryption and Decryption Service. In: 2011 International Conference on Information Science and Applications (ICISA), pp. 1–7 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Hammer-Lahav, E.: The oauth 1.0 protocol (2010)Google Scholar