An Attempt to Bridge the Gap between Theory and Practice in Early Childhood Teacher Education
In this paper I hope to convey to you some of my disquiet at what sometimes passes for teacher education and to describe an attempt to make courses more relevant and valuable to student teachers. As the title implies, this is essentially a practical presentation.
KeywordsTeacher Education Student Teacher Nursery School Tutorial Group Time High Education
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bishop, A. J., and Whitfield, R. C. Situations in teaching. London: McGraw Hill, 1972.Google Scholar
- Cruickshank, D. R. Teaching problems laboratory. SRA Chicago, 1967.Google Scholar
- Cruickshank, D. R. Inner-city simulation laboratory. SRA Chicago, 1969.Google Scholar
- Cruickshank, D. R.. Teacher education looks at simulation. In P. J. Tansey, (Ed.) Educational aspects of simulation. London: McGraw-Hill, 1971, 185 - 203.Google Scholar
- Hirst, P. Times higher education supplement. 1974, 26, 4.Google Scholar
- Johanson, S. K. A group communication programme in teacher education at Natal Training College, Consulto, Nov. 1979, 3, 69.Google Scholar
- Ter-Morshuizen, K. Unpublished ongoing M.Ed. Research, University of Natal, 1979.Google Scholar
- Walford, R., Coalstream. University Department of Education, Cambridge, 1975.Google Scholar
- Weber, W. A. et al., C.B.T.E. A guide to competency based teacher education. Westfield, Texas: 1973.Google Scholar
- Zoll, A. A. Dynamic management education, Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA: 1969.Google Scholar