Liver: Helical Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- 1.7k Downloads
Both computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging have made major contributions to the evaluation of liver morphology, blood flow and detection and characterization of liver neoplasms.
Studies in numerous institutions have established that both CT and MR imaging are highly accurate in the diagnosis of hepatic pathology.
KeywordsHelical Compute Tomography Dynamic Magnetic Reso Imaging Superparamagnetic Iron Oxide Atypical Adenomatous Hyperplasia Arterial Portography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hollett, M.D., Jeffrey, R.B.J., Nino-Murcia, M., Jorgensen, M.J., and Harris, D.P. 1995. Dual-phase helical CT of the liver: Value of arterial phase scans in the detection of small (1.5 cm) malignant hepatic neoplasms. Am. J. Roentgenol. 164:879–884.Google Scholar
- Hosoki, T., Chatani, M., and Mori, S. 1982. Dynamic computed tomography of hepatocellular carcinoma. Am. J. Roentgenol. 139:1099–1106.Google Scholar
- Irie, T., Takeshita, K., Wada, Y., Kusano, S., Terahata, S., Tamai, S., Hatsuse, K., Aoki, H., and Sugihara, Y. 1995. CT evaluation of hepatic tumors: Comparison of CT with arterial portography, CT with infusion hepatic arteriography, and simultaneous use of both techniques. Am. J. Roentgenol. 164:1407–1412.Google Scholar
- Ros, P.R., Freeny, P.C., Harms, S.E., Seltzer, S.E., Davis, P.L., Chan, T.W., Stillman, A.E., Muroff, L.R., Runge, V.M., and Nissenbaum, M.A. 1995. Hepatic MR imaging with ferumoxides: A mul-ticenter clinical trial of the safety and efficacy in the detection of focal hepatic lesions. Radiology 196:482–488.Google Scholar
- Winter, T.C., Freeny, P.C., Nghiem, H.V., Mack, L.A., Patten, R.M., Thomas, C.R., and Elliott, S. 1993. MR imaging with i.v. superparamagnetic iron oxide: Efficacy in the detection of focal hepatic lesions. Am. J. Roentgenol. 161:1191–1198.Google Scholar
- Yamashita, Y., Mitsuzaki, K., Yi, T., Ogata, I., Nishiharu, T., Urata, J., and Takahashi, M. 1996. Small hepatocellular carcinoma in patients with chronic liver damage: Prospective comparison of detection with dynamic MR imaging and helical CT of the whole liver. Radiology 200:79–84.PubMedGoogle Scholar