Automated Analysis of Scanned Ducting Diagrams
- 357 Downloads
The study is concerned with the automated analysis of scanned cable and associated diagrams for entry in the BT GIS system used by their Field Service Engineers. The analysis involves two distinct stages: the location of Joint Boxes in the diagrams using erosion/dilation techniques; followed by a novel line-following to identify the connections between the Joint Boxes and the duct end-points. The analysis has been successfully applied to scanned duct diagrams and cartographic maps.
KeywordsAutomate Analysis Distribution Point Median Direction Engineering Drawing Machine Vision Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kasturi R., Alemany J.:Information Extraction from Images of Paper-Based Maps. IEEE PAMI, Vol. 14(1988).910–918.Google Scholar
- 4.Kasturi R., Bow S. T., El-Masri W., Shah J., Gattiker J., and Mokate U.: A system for interpretation of line drawings. IEEE PAMI, Vol 12 (1990).978–992.Google Scholar
- 5.Kasturi R., Trivedi M.: Image Analysis Applications. Optical Engineering, Series Editor, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.Nagasamy V. and Langrana N. A.: Engineering drawing processing and vectorization system.CVGIP (49). (1990) 379–397.Google Scholar
- 8.Hori O., Tanigawa S.: Line fitting method for line drawing based on contours and skeletons. IEICE Trans. Inf. & Syst., Vol. E77-D. (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.Janssen R. D. T. and Vossepoel A. M.: Adaptive Vectorization of line Drawing Images. CVGIU, Vol. 65, No. 1. (1997). 38–56.Google Scholar
- 10.Wang L. and Pavlidis T.: Direct Gray Scale Extraction of Features for Character Recognition. IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 15 (Oct. 1993) 1053–1067.Google Scholar
- 11.Wang L. and Pavlidis T.: Detection of Curved and Straight Segments from GrayScale Topography. CVGIP: Image Understanding, vol. 58 (Nov.1993) 352–365.Google Scholar
- 12.Ritchings R. T., Berbar M. A., Asumu D.: Model-based line-following in scanned cable diagrams, IEE Workshop on Document Image Processing and Multimedia, DIPM’99, London, UK (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.Haralick R. M., Sternberg S. R., Zhuang X.: Image Analysis Using Mathematical Morphology.IEEE PAMI 9(4) (1987), 532–550Google Scholar