About this book
Functional Equations, Inequalities and Applications provides an extensive study of several important equations and inequalities, useful in a number of problems in mathematical analysis. Subjects dealt with include the generalized Cauchy functional equation, the Ulam stability theory in the geometry of partial differential equations, stability of a quadratic functional equation in Banach modules, functional equations and mean value theorems, isometric mappings, functional inequalities of iterative type, related to a Cauchy functional equation, the median principle for inequalities and applications, Hadamard and Dragomir-Agarwal inequalities, the Euler formulae and convex functions and approximate algebra homomorphisms. Also included are applications to some problems of pure and applied mathematics.
This book will be of particular interest to mathematicians and graduate students whose work involves functional equations, inequalities and applications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-017-0225-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-90-481-6406-6
- Online ISBN 978-94-017-0225-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site