About this book
This book is a timely textbook that covers all aspects of neuroendocrine tumors (NET) from epidemiology, pathological classification and evaluation, and molecular biology through to diagnostic imaging methods and therapeutic options, including the latest targeted therapies. The various types of NET are individually discussed, including carcinoid tumors, insulinomas, gastrinomas, glucagonomas, VIPomas, somatostatinomas, PPomas, medullary thyroid carcinomas, adrenocortical cancer, pheochromocytomas, paragangliomas, and non-functioning pancreatic NETs.
The contributing authors are internationally recognized experts who bring a wealth of experience to the subject. This book will be an invaluable source of information for practicing medical oncologists, surgeons, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, and pathologists and also trainees.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-45215-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-662-45214-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-662-45215-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site