Table of contents
About this book
With the end of state-socialism, however, religion re-entered the public space, and in many Post-Socialist countries, religiosity and the role of religion increased significantly—particularly where it has been promoted in the process of state identity building. The authors explore the current role of religion in Eastern Europe, defined politically as the territory of the former socialist Eastern European countries. They use case studies and follow an interdisciplinary approach, tracing the field from the perspectives of political science, sociology, law, culture, and architecture/urban planning.
· Perspectives of sociology
· Law and religion
· The political interpretation of religion
· Researchers and students in social sciences and political science
· Practitioners in the field of religion and politics
Dr. Jochen Töpfer is juniorprofessor at the Institute for Sociology, Otto von Guericke Universität Magdeburg.
Dr. Julia Gerlach is research associate at the Institute for East-European Studies, Freie Universität Berlin.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-02441-3
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2015
- Publisher Name Springer VS, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-02440-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-02441-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site