About this book
Research-based spin-off companies are a special subgroup of new technology-based ventures and play an important role for innovation and economic development. Executive teams of academic spin-offs face several challenges in building up sustainable and profitable ventures, because they often lack managerial and entrepreneurial skills. Based on a quantitative analysis of 193 German spin-offs, Rigo Tietz examines the relationships between executive team characteristics, strategic decision-making, and firm performance.
· Literature Review of Research-Based Spin-Off Companies
· Theoretical Background of Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management
· Examined Links between Executive Characteristics, Strategic Decision-Making, and Performance
· Empirical Results and Discussion
· Researchers and students in the fields of entrepreneurship and strategic management
· Entrepreneurs and managers of academic spin-offs and technology-based ventures, policymakers and practitioners of start-up initiatives and technology transfer organisations
Dr. Rigo Tietz received his doctoral degree from the University of Technology Dresden under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk, Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-658-01215-1
- Copyright Information Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2013
- Publisher Name Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-658-01214-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-658-01215-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site