About this book
This innovative book discusses current findings on regulatory disorders in infants and offers practical guidelines for diagnosis and intervention. Focusing on core infant and toddler concerns including crying, sleeping, feeding, clinginess, and aggression, it presents a developmental continuum from normal to disturbed behavior regulation and examines science-based strategies for halting this trajectory. Case examples and widely used tools illustrate diverse approaches to assessment and diagnosis, emphasizing nuances of parent-infant interactions and parents’ reactions that may fail to answer, or may even exacerbate, the child’s distress. And chapters outline counseling and therapy options for infants and parents, so that persistent problems do not become entrenched in children’s future behavior or lead to long-term family dysfunction.
Among the topics covered:
• Approaches to diagnosing regulatory disorders in infants.
• Feeding disorders in infants and young children.
• Developmentally appropriate vs. persistent defiant and aggressive behavior.• Treatment approaches for regulatory disorders.
• Video and video feedback in counseling and therapy.
Regulatory Disorders in Infants is an essential resource for clinicians and practitioners as well as researchers and graduate students in clinical child and school psychology, pediatrics, social work, psychiatry, and family studies.
Ages zero to three and regulatory disorders Assessment and diagnosis of regulatory disorders Attachment problems in infancy Attentive behavior and play in infants Clinging behavior in infants Cognitive development in infants Excessive crying in infants Feeding disorders in infants Feeding problems in infants Focus-oriented psychotherapy for families with infants Parent-infant psychotherapy Regulatory disorders in early childhood Regulatory disorders in infants Regulatory problems in infants Sleeping problems in infants Social-emotional development in infants Temper tantrums in infants Video and video feedback
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-43556-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-43554-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-43556-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors