About this book
This book features review articles that analyze current agricultural issues and knowledge. It also proposes novel, environmentally friendly solutions that are based on integrated information from such fields as agroecology, soil science, molecular biology, chemistry, toxicology, economics and the social sciences.
Coverage examines ways to produce food and energy in a sustainable way for humans and their children. Inside, readers will find articles that explore climate change, food security, water pollution, soil erosion, fertility loss, pest control and biodiversity depletion.Instead of solving problems using the classical painkiller approach, which seeks only to limit negative impacts, sustainable agriculture treats challenges at their source. Because most societal issues are in fact intertwined, global, and fast-developing, sustainable agriculture will bring solutions that have the potential to build a more peaceful world. This book will help scientists, decision-makers, professors, farmers and politicians build safer agriculture, energy and food systems for future generations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21629-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21628-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21629-4
- Series Print ISSN 2210-4410
- Series Online ISSN 2210-4429
- About this book