About this book
This book describes new circuits and systems for implantable biomedical applications and explains the design of a batteryless, remotely-powered implantable micro-system, designed for long-term patient monitoring. Following new trends in implantable biomedical applications, the authors demonstrate a system which is capable of efficient, remote powering and reliable data communication. Novel architecture and design methodologies are used to transfer power with a low-power, optimized inductive link and data is transmitted by a reliable communication link. Additionally, an electro-mechanical solution is presented for tracking and monitoring the implantable system, while the patient is mobile.
· Describes practical example of an implantable batteryless biomedical system;
· Analyzes and compares various energy harvesting and power transfer methods;
· Describes design of remote powering link and data communication of the implantable system, comparing different scenarios for the optimal solution.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-21179-4
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-21178-7
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-21179-4
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- About this book