Table of contents
About this book
This book provides comprehensive coverage of the latest trends/advances in subjective and objective quality evaluation for traditional visual signals, such as 2D images and video, as well as the most recent challenges for the field of multimedia quality assessment and processing, such as mobile video and social media. Readers will learn how to ensure the highest storage/delivery/ transmission quality of visual content (including image, video, graphics, animation, etc.) from the server to the consumer, under resource constraints, such as computation, bandwidth, storage space, battery life, etc.
- Provides an overview of quality assessment for traditional visual signals;
- Covers newly emerged visual signals such as social media, 3D image/video, mobile video, high dynamic range (HDR) images, graphics/animation, etc., which demand better quality of experience (QoE);
- Helps readers to develop better quality metrics and processing methods for newly emerged visual signals;
- Enables testing, optimizing, benchmarking, monitoring, and inspecting systems and services related to visual QoE.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10368-6
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-10367-9
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-10368-6
- About this book