About this book
Human pluripotent stem cells, including human embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells, are a key focus of current biomedical research. The emergence of state of the art culturing techniques is promoting the realization of the full potential of pluripotent stem cells in basic and translational research and in cell-based therapies. This comprehensive and authoritative atlas summarizes more than a decade of experience accumulated by a leading research team in this field. Hands-on step-by-step guidance for the derivation and culturing of human pluripotent stem cells in defined conditions (animal product-free, serum-free, feeder-free) and in non-adhesion suspension culture are provided, as well as methods for examining pluripotency (embryoid body and teratoma formation) and karyotype stability.
The Atlas of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells - Derivation and Culturing will serve as a reference and guide to established researchers and those wishing to enter the promising field of pluripotent stem cell research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-548-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-547-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-548-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors