Table of contents
About this book
This volume discusses protocols, ranging from vector production to delivery methods, used to execute gene therapy applications. Chapters are divided into four parts, and cover topics such as design, construction, and application of transcription activation-like effectors; multi-modal production of adeno-associated virus; construction of oncolytic herpes simplex virus; AAV-mediated gene delivery to the mouse liver; and intrathecal delivery of gene therapeutics by direct lumbar puncture in mice. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and authoritative, Viral Vectors for Gene Therapy: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers, clinicians, and students looking to utilize viral vectors in gene therapy experiments.
Recombinant viral vectors Gene expression manipulation Genetic modification Vector delivery Pharmacology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9065-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9064-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9065-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site