Table of contents
About this book
This volume presents detailed protocols for novel strategies and approaches to improve functional understanding of protein N- and C-terminal biology. Protein Terminal Profiling: Methods and Protocols addresses topics such as protease specificity profiling, N-terminal acetylation, assays to probe protease activity in cellular systems, protein N- and C-termini on a proteome-wide scale, and biochemical approaches to explain and examine extracellular protease activities. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Protein Terminal Profiling: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers that focus on biochemistry and cell biology, and those who share a broad interest in protein functionality and protein modifications.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6850-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6849-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6850-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book