About this book
This comprehensive volume is the first to specifically target developing, adult and diseased neural stem cells. It explores recent advances in the understanding of neural stem cell biology along with strategies that use these cells to tackle neurological diseases and brain aging. Ten inclusive chapters discuss a wide range of topics including neurogenesis, neurodegeneration, demyelinating disease, mood regulation, and spinal cord regeneration, among others.
Written by world-renowned scientists in the field, Neural Stem Cells in Development, Adulthood and Disease presents cutting-edge studies of interest to both established neurogenesis researchers and readers with general interests in nervous system science. It is an authoritative addition to the Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine series.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1908-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1907-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1908-6
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8985
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8993
- About this book