About this book
Coordinative Practices in the Building Process: An Ethnographic Perspective presents the principles of the practice-oriented research programmes in the CSCW and HCI domains, explaining and examining the ideas and motivations behind basing technology design on ethnography. The focus throughout is on generating ethnographically informed accounts of the building process and discussing the concepts of cooperative work and coordinative practices in order to frame technology development.
Lars Rune Christensen provides an invaluable resource for these communities in this book. Illustrated with real examples from the building process, he reports on the cooperative work and coordinative practices found, allowing readers to feel that they know, from the point of view of the people working in the building process, what it is like to coordinate and do this kind of cooperative work.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-4117-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-4116-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-4117-4
- Series Print ISSN 1431-1496
- About this book