Table of contents
About this book
In order to satisfy the needs of their customers, network utilities require specially developed maintenance management capabilities. Maintenance Management information systems are essential to ensure control, gain knowledge and improve-decision making in companies dealing with network infrastructure, such as distribution of gas, water, electricity and telecommunications. Maintenance Management in Network Utilities studies specified characteristics of maintenance management in this sector to offer a practical approach to defining and implementing the best management practices and suitable frameworks.
Divided into three major sections, Maintenance Management in Network Utilities defines a series of stages which can be followed to manage maintenance frameworks properly. Different case studies provide detailed descriptions which illustrate the experience in real company situations. An introduction to the concepts is followed by main sections including:
• A Literature Review: covering the basic concepts and models needed for framework design, development and implementation.
• Framework Design and Definition: developing the basic pillars of network utilities maintenance management framework.
• Performance Evaluation & Maturity: focusing on the reliability concept and maturity models from different viewpoints.
By establishing basic foundations for creating and maintaining maintenance managements strategies, Maintenance Management in Network Utilities acts a practical handbook for all professionals in these companies and across areas such as network development, operations management and marketing.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2757-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-2756-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-2757-4
- Series Print ISSN 1614-7839
- Buy this book on publisher's site