About this book
This book is a primer for students, faculty, and other professionals interested in molecular biology and its integration into food safety, by introducing the reader to diagnostic PCR-based technologies used in detection of pathogens in foods.
This book will enable its reader to:
- Understand the principles behind PCR including real-time
- Know the basics involved in the design, optimization, and implementation of PCR in food microbiology lab setting
- Interpret results
- Know limitations and strengths of PCR
- Understand the basic principles behind microarrays and its potential applications in food microbiology.
Figures, charts, and tables help illustrate concepts and provide the reader with an important starting point in bringing molecular diagnostics into the food microbiology lab.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/0-387-31702-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2006
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-0-387-28264-0
- Online ISBN 978-0-387-31702-1
- About this book