Clutter Parameter Estimation Based on Indirect Algorithms
- 7 Downloads
Indirect algorithms for clutter parameter estimation using linear transformations of initial data have been synthesized by the maximum likelihood method. The likelihood function was introduced for the input samples transformed in accordance with the sum-difference algorithms. The estimation algorithms of the interperiod correlation and Doppler phase shift coefficients derived by solving the appropriate likelihood equations do not contain the traditional complex multiplication operation over input data. The functional block diagram of the estimator of appropriate clutter parameters that can be used in adaptive rejection filters is presented. The estimation accuracy analysis of required parameters of clutter is performed depending on the size of training sample and correlation properties of clutter. The comparison of simulation and calculation results for indirect and direct algorithms revealed their complete match and confirmed the asymptotic efficiency of resultant estimates and the equivalence of indirect and direct algorithms.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Skolnik (ed.), Radar Handbook, 3rd ed. (McGraw–Hill, 2008).Google Scholar
- 4.I. F. Lozovskyi, “Construction and efficiency of adaptive signal processing in conditions of multiple noises,” Uspekhi Sovremennoi Radioelektroniki. Zarubezhnaya Radioelektronika, No. 1, 52 (2016). URI: http://www. radiotec.ru/article/7230#english.Google Scholar
- 5.W. L. Melvin, J. A. Scheer (eds.), Principles of Modern Radar: Advanced Techniques (SciTech Publishing, IET, Edison, New York, 2013).Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Richards, Fundamentals of Radar Signal Processing, 2nd ed. (McGraw–Hill Education, New York, 2014).Google Scholar
- 7.D. I. Popov, S. M. Smolskiy, “Estimation of the clutter correlation coefficient in radar systems,” Infocommun. J. VIII, No. 3, 8 (Sept. 2016).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Perozzi, D. Efimov, J.–M. Biannic, L. Planckaert, P. Coton, “Wind estimation algorithm for quadrotors using detailed aerodynamic coefficients,” Proc. of Annual American Control Conf., ACC, 27–29 Jun. 2018, Milwaukee, USA (IEEE, 2018), pp. 1921–1926. DOI: https://doi.org/10.23919/ACC.2018.8431879.Google Scholar
- 13.V. M. Koshevoi and A. D. Medvedik, “Development of estimators of clutter parameters based on circuits of alternate period compensation,” Radioelectron. Commun. Syst. 23, No. 12, 82 (1980).Google Scholar
- 15.A. Pepelyshev, V. Kornikov, A. Zhigljavsky, “Statistical estimation in global random search algorithms in case of large dimensions,” in: R. Battiti, D. Kvasov, Y. Sergeyev (eds.), Learning and Intelligent Optimization. LION 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 10556 (Cham, Springer, 2017). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-69404-7_32.